|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I feared for my life: Poonam Pandey

Model Poonam Pandey who went into hiding after getting threats for her strip-for-win plan, is now back on the radar. She surfaces to give her side of the story. And answering the burning questions. Excerpts from the interview...

You didn't strip naked when Team India won. In fact, no one could trace you. Why make false promises?
I feared for my life. I had even given my manager a letter to send to the BCCI to allow me to strip privately as public stripping is a crime, but they didn't allow me. I couldn't have just hit the road and got naked because people wanted to see me do that. It was supposed to be fun but it took an ugly turn. I was threatened. I switched off my cell and tried to figure out my next step and how to deal with the court case. I went underground but I didn't flee the city.


This publicity gimmick certainly worked for you.
Let's not tag it as that. I did strip for a TV channel to show that I was serious. I got an offer to pose nude on the cover of a magazine and they were giving me half a billion rupees, but I didn't do it. I could have used this as a gimmick too, no? Yes, thanks to the spotlight, I've got a film offer and TV shows which I'm contemplating.

We hear a reality show is happening.
The channel people are floating such rumours. They had offered it to me but I haven't said yes to them. I need a great offer to make me interested.

The threats forced you to leave your house?
I don't stay with my parents anymore. I have taken a place of my own in Goregaon. That's also because my work area is closer from here. I'm bearing the brunt of my decision all by myself rather than making my parents go through this. My parents were mighty upset with me for doing something like this but they are slowly understanding it. Things are fine between us now.

Your boyfriend also deserted you after your decision?
I'm single and happy. I don't want to discuss my personal life. (BTW her social network profile still reads that she is in a relationship.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...