|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Abhay & I not engaged: Preeti

My big break is't due to Deol, says Preeti Desai, who debuted in 'Shor In The City'. She clarifies her relationship with Abhay Deol

First movie, first set of promotions, interviews, etc. Does this feel surreal?
Being a model, I'm very comfortable in front of the camera. But I'm not clued into the movie business. Maybe after a few years I'll be more aware. I'm just enjoying all this right now. It's like I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow.

Are you missing Abhay at such an important phase in your life?
Now why should I be answering that?

There were reports that he got you into Bollywood...
I've grown up watching Hindi movies. I knew I wanted to do something in this line. I just wasn't clear enough, so I started modelling, which eventually opened doors to the Bollywood industry.

Are you engaged to Abhay?
I will not comment on that. It's too personal, and I don't want to talk about my personal life. And even if I'll say something, people will write what they want to anyway.

There is too much speculation surrounding your love life. Why not clarify ?
I am not engaged to Abhay. Period! I never was.

But aren't you living-in with him?
No, that is not true. I have my own house in Mumbai. I live by myself, and that has taught me not to pay much attention to talks like this, and just do the work that you've come for. I'm satisfied with the people around me and they know the truth, and that's what matters.

From modelling to acting...
It's wonderful to get the opportunity to do something you are passionate about. I came to India because I got a lot of offers for modelling and films. I knew I liked movies, but then I didn't want to get into films without actually knowing what I was getting into, that's the reason I attended workshops along with diction and acting classes. While I was doing that, I had to support myself in Mumbai, so I started modelling. I don't know if that's a good thing or not, but I've never planned my life, neither modelling nor acting. I'm very spontaneous.

Why choose an offbeat film like " Shor In The City" as your debut?
I wasn't actually looking at my big debut. But now I feel great that "Shor..." came my way. When I read the script, I fell in love with it. It was something very fresh. See, I'm not from any filmi family, neither do I know much about the industry; I just went by my instinct. I felt it was an awesome role to debut with and I just went ahead.

Mostly first timers go for a commercial film as it sort of guarantees a sure shot hit. You never thought like that?
Right now I'm only thinking about what I will enjoy doing and what will give me satisfaction in terms of my work. I'm just going with the flow, without thinking too strategically. And I think a movie like "Shor..." gives you an opportunity to prove your credibility as an actor.

Does that mean no song and dance routines for you?
You never know what sort of a script comes my way next. You might see me running around trees in my next. The good thing about being an actor, which actually attracted me to this profession, is that you get to do all kind of roles. So why should I bind myself to certain genres? If the script and the director are good and you like your character, then what's the harm in running around trees? This variety is what is interesting about this profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...