|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Friday, September 9, 2011

Lady Luck is with me: Kangna Ranaut

Kangna Ranaut on her choice of films and the numbers game

You do films like Tanu Weds Manu, Double Dhamaal and Rascals, and then sign a completely different film like Dedh Ishqiya. Doesn't this unusual mix of films make you uncertain?
I've never been conventional in my choice of films, and it has worked well for me. In this industry, where you get pigeonholed really fast into a genre or a character, the huge success of Tanu Weds Manu and Double Dhamaal show that audiences are happy to see me in different films, and I'm happy about that. Lady Luck is definitely with me and I'm glad for her company!

What's more important? Awards or box office success?
Definitely audience approval. I've received close to 30 awards in my five years in the industry, and the feeling of knowing your film is a hit is certainly a much greater high. Awards are like the icing on the cake.

You're being considered a strong contender for the Number One position. Does this tag mean anything to you?
This numbers game is meaningless. Ultimately, the only thing that satisfies a creative spirit is great work. What brings you great work is success at the box office.

What next?
I'm going to start shooting for Dedh Ishqiya soon, and also will be working on the sequel to Tanu Weds Manu. I'm really looking forward to both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...