|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Sunday, October 31, 2010

'I've locked the deal for a French film'

One of the Hindi film industry's most successful outsource stories, Katrina Kaif talks of moving in with sister Isabelle, playing the role of a vicious manipulator, and turning producer for a French film

You can't escape change. You change, you grow older. I'm not the person I used to be when I came into the industry. I wouldn't say I've toughened. But I have lost my naivete. Having come from the modelling world, it took me a while to adjust to the demands of the film industry, and to the motion-picture camera. 

I am not going to pretend I grew up on Sholay and Mother India while I was back in London. Hindi cinema was a new world for me. Today, I believe I have begun to understand that world. And I love it! I wouldn't exchange my life as an actress for anything.

I am now equipped and ready to move on to the next phase in my life and career. I want to create role opportunities for myself beyond what I'm doing. I am not unhappy with the roles I have but I want to play people I can never be in real life. I want to do a double role, play a sergeant in the army, or a scheming, vicious manipulator.

I think I've had great parts in some fabulous movies. This year, I  got to work with Farah Khan for the first time. And it was such a lot of fun. Shooting with her and Akshay Kumar was like a picnic.

I think I'd enjoy working with more female directors; maybe Aparna Sen, Deepa Mehta and Mira Nair.

Turning producer is another future plan, and I have certain projects in mind. I'd like to buy the remake rights for a couple of Indian and foreign films. In fact, I've already locked the deal for a French film. Playing director is not my cup of tea. But yes, I am beginning to understand the technical aspects of the moviemaking process. Let's just say I'm finally getting a hang of it.

Oh yes, and my sister Isabelle will be joining me in Mumbai. She plans to be an actress once she has completed her education. I'm dying to do up the sea-facing home I have just bought. Once she moves into my home, I'll have more reason to go home early. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...