|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Shruti Haasan writes, sings international single

Actor Shruti Haasan has written the English lyrics and lent her voice for a track, Beyond the snake… The song has been composed by rock guru David Kushner and is for an international film. The single will release worldwide this week. Haasan also features in the “simple and effective” video.

“Like all good things, this collaboration happened by chance. A friend who was working on the film in LA asked me to try something on David’s track. I did, and thank God he liked it! To be the first Indian to get an opportunity to not just sing but also write the English lyrics for this track is an honour,” says Haasan.

She’s still to meet Kushner or other members of Velvet Revolver, the American rock ‘n’ roll supergroup that includes former Guns N’ Roses members, Slash, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum, and Stone Temple Pilots singer Scott Weiland. “It was a long-distance musical interaction over two weeks of hashing and rehashing, ending with a congratulatory phone call,” she says. “I hope to meet them soon in LA. I’ve been a rock ‘n’ roll fan all my life and grown up listening to Velvet Revolver. I had to pinch myself a 1,000 times to make myself believe that it was David’s guitar and my voice that I was listening to.”

Kushner has a word of praise for Haasan too. He says, “I really tried to capture the vibe of the scenes I saw in the song and I think I did, but when Shruti threw down her vocal, it just took it to another level. Whenever I've had a chance to work with someone from another country, I jump at it, because they always bring a nation’s musical history and influence to the table.” 

At six, Haasan sang for her father Kamal Haasan’s film Thevar Magan, and then crooned a duet with him for Chachi 420. She also rendered the Hindi-Tamil versions of the title theme of Hey Ram, and later, sang for Tamil films, En Mana Vaanil and Vaaranam Aayiram, and her Hindi debut movie, Luck. She’s also composed the score for the Tamil version of A Wednesday, Unnaipol Oruvan, co-produced by her father who plays the lead. 

“I’m open to composing and giving playback for Bollywood films. It’s a good time to explore all opportunties,” says Haasan, who is also the vocalist of an alternative rock band, The Extramentals, and currently, is working in a Telugu film, a Tamil film, and a Hindi film, Madhur Bhandarkar’s Dil To Bachcha Hai Ji.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...