|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A bikini is serious: Ameesha

Ameesha Patel was sure that if she wore resort wear then it would have to be something that matched international standards.

She and her designer friend Komal Shahani came up with the concept of the crystalised bikini and they worked on it together.

Says the actress, "I didn't want to get into just any bikini. It had to a premium fashion product suitable for a beach in the South of France or in Goa. It isn't even ideal swimwear; it's more like something you wear on a chaise lounge.''

Her mind was made up about the bikini, but she admits that she was extremely nervous about the shoot. "Getting into a bikini is serious business,'' she says. "You have to look perfect in it because you cannot hide anything; whether it is your midriff or thigh there can be no flab anywhere.''

The Bollywood beauty then goes to bust a few myths on what to do and what not to before one gets into something so skimpy. Says she, "I was warned not to drink too much water the night before the shoot; I was asked to starve. But I did nothing of the sort. Since I maintain a healthy lifestyle with regular eating habits and a daily-gym routine, I have a good metabolism. I even managed to eat a club sandwich with French fries, ketchup, mustard etc before I got into the bikini!''


Says the petite actress with a near perfect-10 figure, "I have never advocated the size zero. I'm of the opinion that a woman should have curves. Size zero sends out wrong signals to youngsters who either end up being anorexic or become bulimic. I feel weight loss should also be handled scientifically. They say a woman can never be too shapely and a man can never have too much money. Well it's true, but I can say it is up to women to try and get the right curves.''

The designer says:
"Ameesha is blessed with a super petite frame and an excellent body. Being a designer and a close friend, I have always admired her. Ameesha added exotic appeal to my resort collection including the copper embellished bikini encrusted with crystal stones that she has posed in. Besides her, in my opinion, the other women who have the best bikini bodies are Penelope Cruz, Gisele Bundchen, Katy Perry, Lara Dutta and Deepika Padukone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...