|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Thursday, December 23, 2010

ROCK ON WITH DSP

The composer tells CT about the controversial poem penned by Kamal and his winter holiday plans

Devi Sri Prasad (DSP) is on a new high after Kamal Haasan lauded him for his contribution to his latest film. The star believes that DSP’s music has made the movie memorable. Kamal, at the audio launch of the film, had said, “MSV and Ilaiyaraaja are the ultimate; there’s nobody who can reach those heights. But after working with DSP, I think he has the potential to reach there.” In an exclusive to CT, DSP says, “This is the biggest compliment I’ve ever received in my life, especially because it’s coming from Kamal sir, who I consider to be one of the few stars in India who understand music.”

About Kamal’s controversial poem in the film, which had to be removed due to pressure from some groups, Devi says, “I do not wish to comment on the deletion of the poem from the film. All that I can say is that Kamal sir wrote it from the bottom of his heart and then, I composed the tune for it. After he handed over the poem, it took me just under an hour to compose. After hearing the final mix, he told me — ‘Devi, you have made it sound even better, as composing for a poem is far more difficult than providing music for a song’.” 

DSP is now composing for half-a-dozen films in Telugu. In Tamil, he has Venghai, which is directed by Hari with whom he dished out one of the biggest albums of the year (Singam). Says Devi, “The songs in Singam, especially the Stole My Heart… and Kadhal Vandhal… numbers, are being played in pubs and night clubs in Chennai. I consider that an achievement. These songs are also among the most-downloaded ringtones of the year.” DSP, who is a natural dancer and has high energy levels, may launch himself as a hero in 2011. 

“I’m still toying with the idea of turning actor as it is music that keeps me going.” Meanwhile, DSP is leaving for New York for a well-deserved holiday. Says the Elvis-inthe-making, “As a child, my all-time favourite movie was Home Alone, especially those images of New York in winter with snow around. Since then, I’ve wanted to go to New York in winter, which I have not been able to do so far as all my programmes there have been during summer. This time, I’m planning to chill out with my cousins there and probably come back charged in the first week of January when I’ll sign a very big film.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...