|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Namaste London 2?

Akshay Kumar has managed to convince Vipul Shah for a sequel to Namastey London. But they are keeping it a secret from Katrina Kaif

Vipul Shah, who has steered clear of sequels to his own hits, has now been persuaded by Akshay Kumar to make Namastey London II.

Though the filmmaker is ready with the script, co-written with Suresh Nair, the actor and director are still keeping it a secret from Katrina Kaif.

Reveals Vipul, “Doing sequels are not my cup of tea but they seem to be a trend now. More than me Akshay was keen to do a sequel to Namastey London. He felt the story had the potential to be carried forward. I couldn’t disagree with him beyond a point.”

And we hear, even Katz was constantly pushing Vipul to plan a squel of Namastey London and apparently she is the one who would be taken by surprise with a ready script. “Would you believe it, I still haven’t told her about the sequel to Namastey London? She has been urging me to do the sequel for the longest time.

When she hears that we’ve been secretly working on the script for the past three months, she will come down to my house and kill me. Please don’t tell. I want to surprise her,” requests an excited Vipul as he wanted to make sure that the script works out before taking Katz into confidence.

The 2007 box-office hit Namastey London was a drama about a Punjabi munda, Akki, wooing and winning over a stuck-up British-Asian lass, Katz.

The film was a turning-point in Katz’s career and added another feather in Akki’s cap which was, at that time, brimming with hits.

The sequel will carry forward the story of Arjun (Akshay Kumar) and Jazz (Katrina Kaif) into a marriage of inconvenience which results in a stormy drama.

To be shot in London, the film still has three to four months before it goes on floor. Vipul says, “I’m about to wrap up my production Force and I need to get back to direction. Akshay is a very busy star. We’re working out his dates.

The fact that he is more eager about Namastey London than me will certainly get the sequel on the road faster than we expect.”




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...