|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Friday, February 18, 2011

Salman is my best friend: Katrina

In all the years they have been together, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif have never admitted to seeing each other. Which is why, even today, there is much speculation about whether the two are still together or have they parted ways. Their “no comments” stand, whenever asked about their relationship, still remains a constant, leaving the media to decide for themselves whether the relationship is on or off. Rumour has it that the two are not seeing each other any longer, however, fact is that Kaif and Khan’s relationship goes far beyond romantic love. The two have been friends for a long time and Kaif’s proximity with the Khan khaandaan over the years was there for all to see.

Surprisingly candid for what is perhaps the first time she is talking about their relationship status, Kaif says, “Salman is the best friend I can ever have. I’m lucky that he’s always supported me and been there for me. He’s been my guiding light, always. He understands everything so well.”

Rumour has it that Kaif, who won an award at the recently concluded Max Stardust Awards, first rushed to meet Khan, who was rehearsing for his performance at the same award show. Eyewitnesses say that the two had a chat outside his vanity van.

Khan was the first person she met after winning the trophy. “I knew he would understand my excitement,” she says. “He’s the warmest person in the industry. He goes out of his way to give the best to people.”

According to recent reports, Kaif and Khan have been offered to play the lead pair in director Kabir Khan’s next, to be produced by Yash Raj Films. The actors, who’ve worked together in Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya, Partner and Yuvvraaj, haven’t yet confirmed their presence in the YRF film. Despite several efforts, Khan’s management team at Matrix, director Kabir Khan, and the spokesperson at Yash Raj couldn’t give us any official statement.

However, Kaif says, “I’m not sure people want to see Salman and me in a film together right now.” Her last film with Khan was Subhash Ghai’s Yuvvraaj in 2009. Back then, several critics had pointed out that despite looking great off screen, chemistry between the couple was lacking on screen. Kaif explains, “People have seen so much of us together off screen, and said anything they liked and in whichever way they wanted (about us). Neither Salman nor I have said anything to counter it. If you ask me, I’m not sure people want a repeat of Yuvvraaj.”

It’s said that Kaif and Khan had exchanged cold vibes earlier last year when she had been to the sets of Bigg Boss, hosted by the latter. Of course, Khan had stated that not only was Kaif one of his most favourite guests on the show, but also his remarks about Ranbir Kapoor and Imran Khan were not to be taken seriously. Khan had said, “That’s the way Katrina and I behave with each other, totally chilled out! I would have been faking it had I said, ‘Kaisi hain aap Katrinaji?’ I’m not a fake, neither is she.”

Kaif seconds Khan’s comment and says, “Salman is not fake. The way you see him behave with me, is the way he has always been. Nothing has changed about him. He has his own cool sense of humour and if someone doesn’t get it, it’s definitely not Salman’s problem.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...