|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bips wants to play Draupadi

The Hot Bollywood Diva Bipasha Basu is now keen to play mythological character Draupadi.

“I would love to play the character of Draupadi. In fact, I got an offer but right now it’s hanging in the air somewhere. I think it’s a very dynamic mythological character and I think I’ll do it well,” Bipasha said .

Rituparno Ghosh describes his character of Draupadi as a mixture of B.R. Chopra's Mahabharat and Peter Brooks' take on the Hindu epic.

He says  "Draupadi has a huge canvas We can't possibly show her whole life. It's the Mahabharat seen from Draupadi's point of view. It would be very intimate, womanist and minimalist...I think B.R. Chopra did a great job of familiarizing the nation with the Mahabharat. Now everyone know who's who in the epic, so my job is made easier."

In the epic Mahabharata, Draupadi was the daughter of King Drupada, and became wife of the five Pandava brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...