|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Friday, November 12, 2010

Kareena Kapoor ready to tie a Knot !

Kareena Kapoor says that the massive rock that she sports on her ring finger is something that she had gifted herself, ending much speculation.

“I know, everybody loves it (the huge diamond) but it’s mine. Saif has not gifted it to me,” she says.

The obvious question that comes up next is that of marriage and Kareena says that it is an eventuality for sure. “I believe in the institution of marriage and I will eventually settle down. But at this point of time, it is work which is on top of my priority list,” says Kareena.

Ask Kareena if marriage is no longer considered a taboo for heroines and she blatantly denies this. The actor feels that Bollywood still has a reservation against married heroines.

“Who are we kidding? I think that we have not reached a stage where Bollywood accepts a married heroine. Of course, there are exceptions like Aishwarya Rai and Kajol but it is the exceptions that prove the rule,” she says.

Talking about actor beau Saif Ali Khan’s kids, Sara and Ibrahim, Kareena admits that she has developed a certain bond with them which is more of friendship and easy camaraderie.

“Sara is very good at her studies and so is Ibrahim. I really admire the way they have grown up. Of course, I also admire the way they have been brought up so beautifully by their mother (referring to Saif’s ex-wife and actor Amrita Singh). The kids and I are more like friends and I am really fond of them,” adds Kareena.

The actor also fondly refers to Saif’s mother, Sharmila Tagore and says that she has learnt a lot from her. “She was a style icon in her days and we must also remember that the best of her performances also came after she was married. I admire the way she dresses and carries herself. She was also the numero uno heroine of her times. We have a lot of similarities,” says Kareena.

The one thing that Kareena recently missed out on was meeting the late Maharani Gayatri Devi, whom she adores. “I heard so much about her from Saif but I was fortunate enough to meet her like him. She was one of the most beautiful women in the world,” she ends dreamily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...