|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Freida takes a dig at Bollywood !

'Slumdog Millionaire' star Freida Pinto has ruled out starring in a Bollywood movie as she thinks many of the films are "churned out" by producers with no quality control.

The Mumbai-born actress, who shot to worldwide fame with the Oscar-winning movie, has been offered several "stereotypical" roles in India but is adamant not to star in an all-singing, all-dancing Bollywood movie.

"I wouldn't want to do a Bollywood film, but I would like to do an Indian-language film. For some reason I think Bollywood has become synonymous with commercial cinema, which is song and dance and everything that is larger than life, and I am interested in the reality... It is great to have entertainment, but I think there needs to be something that also makes you want to go back and think about what you've seen," said Pinto.

The 26-year-old actress, who has starred in Woody Allen's latest film and has also signed a Hollywood sci-fi, said that she wants to act in films which carry some meaning. "Mindless cinema is not my cup of tea... I could get into trouble for saying that. I don't think Bollywood is only mindless cinema, but a lot of films they churn out are not films that I completely enjoy watching," said the actress. 

"I say hats off to them for doing what they do, because it takes a lot of courage. It is easier to stand and deliver dialogue. Imagine dancing a song out and kind of expressing through it. I think it is a challenge and requires you to lose your inhibitions," she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...