|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Monday, July 18, 2011

I am very much single: Bipasha Basu

It's been two months since Bollywood's model couple John Abraham and Bipasha Basu ended their nine-year-old relationship.

While John has spoken about it on TV, Bipasha has kept to herself. Reports of her schmoosing stars from both Hollywood and Bollywood have done the rounds, yet the sexy actor maintains she is single.

In a candid chat she talks about going through heartbreak and emerging as a naughty 16-year-old with the world at her feet.

How has being single changed life?
It's is a weird thing. The first month was really scary. By the second month, I started getting excessive male attention; I couldn't deal with it. It was like a bumper sale at a departmental store. After the third month I actually started enjoying all the attention. It made me feel special.

Has a whole new world opened up for you?
The world was always there; I chose not to look at it. Now I see what I was missing, and I love every bit of it.

You sound liberated. Do you wish this had happened earlier?
It had to happen when it did. I don't like to live in regret. I was in a relationship by choice. When I was in it, I was fully into it. Now I am not there. Once I move on, I don't look back.

You've been very miserable in the past...
Who doesn't get miserable in a relationship once in a while? There are high and low points.

You seem to be linked with lots of men these days, including Shahid Kapoor?
Yeah. If the man is cute I don't mind being linked to him. The moment I am linked to someone who is 'ugh', I will protest!

So is a relationship with Shahid in the realm of possibility?
Anything is possible. After what has happened to me I firmly believe that. And I always say, never say never. I'm touched people feel that I'm supposed to have gone into the serial dating zone, immediately after a long relationship. First there was some Russian guy...then there was Josh.

Is there any truth to the rumours about Josh Hartnett?
It wasn't practical. You can't have a relationship with a human being living in another part of the world.

A week back, John spoke on a TV show about the end of your relationship...
I've no comment to make on what he said. It's his life, his version of what happened and his mouth saying it.

Why haven't you spoken about why you broke up?
I am not interested. It's over and done with. I suffer from a weak memory. And I like it that way.

How can you erase years of your life?
I'm blessed, don't you think? Unpleasant things get erased automatically; this took some time. But finally practical considerations and self-respect helped me move on. I will never use a public platform to prove how good I am or how much I'm suffering.

Forgetting 11 years?
It was nine years. The media keeps getting the number confused. He (John) is no more a part of my life and I don't want to talk about him. He's doing enough talking.

All your friends say that you made John's world your own...
Yes, that's what they said. But until you see it for yourself you don't do anything about it. Everything happens at the right time.

How do you feel now after the breakup?
Like a naughty 16-year old brat! I am restless, fidgety. I'm doing interesting work, travelling, meeting friends and giving time for my family. I'm a hugely gregarious person. I don't judge people. I befriend them blindly.

Who are your friends?
Dianne Pandey and designer Rocky S. These are rock-solid presences in my life. Rocky is like a brother; he can't see me unhappy. He looks like a crazy party animal, but to me he's an anchor. Dianne is an older sister.

You are cagey about your personal life...
I'm a little bit more guarded about my personal life now. I can't answer questions like, 'Whom were you seen with last evening?' I might even lie. I want to keep my private space to myself.

So what's your relationship status at the moment?
I am very much single, and that's not a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...