|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Monday, July 11, 2011

Saif, Kareena are happy together: Soha

Her brother Saif Ali Khan may be striking a fine balance between commercial potboilers and offbeat subjects, but Soha Ali Khan prefers to stick to the road less traveled. Her films, including Mumbai Meri Jaan, Dil Kabaddi and Khoya Khoya Chand, bear testimony to that.

While these films may not have set the box office on fire, they did fetch her rave reviews. So is she happy with the way her career has shaped up? "I don't know if anyone is ever happy with his/her career. If you are ambitious, then nothing is ever good enough. I'm happy in a way, but there is lots more to achieve, and I am hungry for more," says Soha.

The actor, who was in the city over the weekend, is currently busy with three projects — Soundtrack, Chemistry and Deepa Mehta's Winds of Change, the film adaptation of Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children. "In Soundtrack, I play a woman who is hearing impaired. My teachers from the Helen Keller Institute made sure that I got the sign and body language of a hearing impaired person right. It took time, but we finally did it," says the actor, adding that the best way to describe her character in Chemistry would be as a blend of Dev Anand and Charlie Chaplin. "Initially, I was little confused by that. I play a tomboy whose ego has taken a beating after being dumped by her boyfriend. She is full of herself, is mad, has red hair, and wears bizarre clothes. She is not worried about anything," says Soha, who remains tightlipped about her role in Winds of Change.

Will she venture into south Indian films? "I have done Bengali cinema, but I don't know about the south. Some of the best directors in the country are from the south. If I am to work here, the director has to be good, someone from whom I can learn a lot. But for me to do a film, it's important that I know the language," she says.

So, while the south may not be an option for Soha, another stint on television is. "I did a game show earlier and found working for television great fun. But I should get the right show. I want to work with someone like Siddharth Basu from whom I learnt a lot during my last outing," says the actor.

Will Soha, her brother Saif and his girlfriend Kareena ever come together for a film in future? "No! I can't even imagine what that film would be like," she says and adds, "I am glad that Saif and Kareena are in love and happy together. But when they choose to get married, is up to them. Their marriage is not going to affect my career in any way."

And what about her marriage plans? "I have no marriage plans yet. In fact, I don't have any plans for life," says Soha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...