|   Fantasy News  |   Funny Pics  |   Tamil Movies  |   Hindi Movies  |   Telugu Movies  |   Malayalam Movies  |  

Sunday, July 10, 2011

I would love to act with dad: Shahid Kapoor

Acting in his father Pankaj Kapur's directorial debut Mausam has been a dream for Shahid Kapoor. It was while working with his pa that the actor realised how well he understood each character and scene.

While Shahid himself is no slouch in the acting department, he has, much like his father, excelled in complicated roles. But it came as a surprise when the star actor demanded more from his son, egging him on for more takes. In fact, Kapur has based Shahid's character on his younger self while living in Ludhiana, Punjab.

Talking about the experience, Shahid says, "Dad has a way of acting and showing how he wants a scene done. Initially, I found it very intimidating. The first few days were very tough for me. It was also hard to replicate what he was showing me. I was extremely nervous and awkward. But somewhere we found a comfort level and I can say that the making of this film helped us develop a whole new relationship."

Was he treated differently because he was the director's son? "Well, yes. I have worked with loads of directors but have never been given a hint that I gave a crappy shot! Often dad would make me do several retakes and do the scene exactly how he wanted it. So, I had to work that much harder."

What's the one thing he would say is the highlight of working with his dad? "This experience just made me realise that I would love to act in a film with him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...